Creating a new customer and an account using T24 BrowserWeb
In this post we are going to:
- Create a new customer and an account using T24 BrowserWeb.
- Authorise the customer and the account.
- Associate the customer with a specific account.
To complete the procedures below you need some knowledge of:
- Web technologies.
- Temenos Sandbox, a Temenos MarketPlace product.
Log in to T24
If you’re a MarketPlace provider, you can get the URL of the T24 browser – BrowserWeb – and T24 access credentials from your Temenos Sandbox.
In this example, the URL of the T24 browser is http://127.0.0.1:8080/BrowserWeb
After login you’ll see the following screen. You can perform all your banking operations from this screen, using either T24 commands or the menu system.
Creating a Customer
To create a Customer:
- Go to User Menu > Customer. Click Individual Customer.
- The Individual Customer screen is displayed. Enter values for the following fields:
- Given Name or Family Name
- Short Name.1
- Full Name.1
- Commit the deal by clicking the left-hand tick icon. The transaction completed message includes the customer number – in this example, 190130.
You have successfully created the customer – but you still need to authorise the customer to set them live.
Authorising the Customer
To authorise the customer you’ve just created:
- Log out from T24 and log in again as a different user.Note: In T24, the user who inputted a transaction can’t authorise that transaction. You need another user to authorise it.
- Go to User Menu > Customer. Click Authorise/Delete Customer.
- The Unauthorised Customer screen is displayed. Click either:
- The double tick icon to authorise the customer.
- The x icon to delete the customer.
- When you click the double tick icon, another screen is displayed below the Unauthorised Customer list. To authorise the customer, click the double tick icon in the lower screen.
You have successfully created and authorised a new customer in T24.
Creating an Account
To create an account for your new customer:
- Go to User Menu > Account. Click either Open Current Account or Open Saving Account.
- In the dialog, click the New Deal icon.
- The New Deal screen is displayed. Enter the Customer ID, Currency and Account name, and any other information you wish to add.
- Commit the deal by clicking the single tick icon and then log out.
You have successfully created an account – now you need to authorise the account to set it live.
Authorising the Account
To authorise the account:
- Log in again to T24 with a different user.
- Go to User Menu > Account. Click Authorise/Delete Account.
- The Unauthorised Accounts screen is displayed. Click either the double tick icon to authorise the account or the x icon to delete the account.
- When you click the double tick icon, another screen is displayed below the Unauthorised Accounts screen. To authorise the account, click the double tick icon in the lower screen.
The following confirmation message is displayed:
You have successfully created and authorised an account.
Using the procedures above, you have:
- Created a customer.
- Authorised that customer.
- Created an account
- Associated the customer with that account.
- Authorised that account.