Accessing an IRIS data service using Postman
This guide explains how to access an IRIS data service using Postman REST client.
To access an IRIS data service, you need:
• Data service URI
• Credentials (user name and password)
• Google Chrome browser:
You can download Chrome from the following web site: https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/browser/desktop/
• Postman Chrome extension:
You can either search for “Postman REST client” using Google or click the following link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/postman/fhbjgbiflinjbdggehcddcbncdddomop?hl=en
Accessing an IRIS data service
To access an IRIS data service:
1. Launch Google Chrome browser and go to apps.
If you cannot find My Apps, then type chrome://apps/ in Chrome address bar.
2. To launch Postman from apps, click the Postman icon.
The Postman user interface opens.
3. Enter the URL.
4. Provide the authorization details and click Update request.
5. Set the Headers content-type to application/atom+xml.
6. Set method type to GET
7. Click Send to run the request.
The contents of the response are returned in XML format.
8. To retrieve an individual resource, type the resource name and click Send.
All the currencies are returned in XML format.